I am sure you have never worked in a job that you thought was toxic. Well I found this article and I had to share it with you. So no this is not my article however, I think the topics it covers are VERY relevant to workplaces today. NO this is not an accounting tip however, the workings of your company’s toxic employees does have an affect on your bottom line. If you don’t think so we are going to have to agree to disagree. If your employees make it hard for others to work because of the following items your company is suffering and is taking a hit to productivity…. also your bottom line.
I personally have worked in these environments. It is not a healthy place to work. Your employees are stressed because they fear the knife that is about to hit them in the back. They don’t feel they can depend on management because they have not fixed these issues yet why should they start today. Sometimes I know you don’t want to believe it but management is helping grow these seeds. ARE YOU?
- Employees violate company policy.
- Employees are typically unreliable.
- Employees are poor team players.
- Employees badmouth each other.
- Employees are resistant to change.
- Management operates through bureaucracy.
- Management can’t clearly communicate.
- Management has little or no concern for work-life balance.
If you want to help your bottom line and productivity grow you need to take a stand today and fix these issues or you WILL loose your best and brightest employees and then you will truly see your bottom line taking the hit.