W2 Filing Deadline
- W2 Employee Copies Due Date
Remain the same: You must furnish Copies B, C, and 2 of Form W-2 to your employees by January 31, 2019.
- W2 SSA Copy and W3 Due Date
New filing date: The due date for filing 2018 Forms W-2 and W-3 with the SSA is now January 31, 2019, whether you file using paper forms or electronically.
1099 Filing Deadline
- Recipient Copy Due Date
January 31, 2019.
- IRS Copy and Form 1096 Due Date
1. New filing date. File Copy A of this form with the IRS by January 31, 2019, if you are reporting payments in box 7. Otherwise, file by February 28, 2019, if you file on paper, or by April 1, 2019, if you file electronically.
2. File Forms 1097, 1098, 1099, 3921, 3922, or W-2G on paper by February 28, 2019, or April 1, 2019, if filing electronically. File Forms 5498, 5498-ESA, 5498-QA, and 5498-SA by May 31, 2019.
3. Form 1096 must accompany all paper submissions.
Note: Exceptions may apply
contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.